Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Doorkeeper

The word "doorkeeper" brings a lot of images to my mind for when I think of doorkeeper I picture a greeter at the door of a business that opens it for those entering. But my mind also remembers a door we replaced in one of the parsonages in which we lived. I took the time to sand it, seal it, and place varnish used by wooden ships upon it. Or I think of the doors in my house that are all painted and the time it took to take the doors down for repair, painting and rehanging. Doorkeeper--one who keeps prepared the entrance into a building or a room.

The psalter reading for today has the word "doorkeeper" in it.

"For a day in your courts is better
than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
then live in the tents of wickedness."
Psalm 84:10

No comments: