Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Struggling toward Christian perfection

I will admit that it is critical for leaders to feed themselves. But the feeding I am talking about is not necessarily the meals we eat as much as it is to feed yourselves with reality. For the one person even leaders can change is only themselves. All the leadership works agree here. At most what we can change is our approach to those we lead. Such calls for listening and communicating well in an excessive manner. The easier it can become the more it is done. I admittedly am always in an eternal struggle to discover better ways of leading. I guess it is that United Methodist journeying toward Christian perfection drive (to always be moving toward better loving God, neighbor, enemy and self). So this verse will, more than likely, always grab me ...

Thus says the Lord God: Ah, you shepherds of Israel who have been feeding yourselves! Should not shepherds feed the sheep? (Ezekiel 34:2)

No comments: