Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Enough said

For Job has said, “I am innocent,
and God has taken away my right;
in spite of being right I am counted a liar;
my wound is incurable, though I am without transgression.”
(Job 34:5-6)

Elihu is continuing to speak. It is so easy to reflect on another person's trouble(s) and to say that they caused all of their troubles. Such are examples of human judgment.

Without telling too much of the book (so that others will read it) in The Shack the author tells the story of man, Mack, whose daughter was murdered. At one point in the story God gives him the opportunity to judge not only his daughter's murderer but all human beings. At that moment he responds that he cannot do so. And then he begins to identify more with God as presented in The Shack who allows humans to bring judgment upon themselves.

With that in mind it would have been better if all of Job's friends and acquaintances would have judged only themselves.

enough said ...

No comments: