Monday, November 9, 2009

There you go ...

Well, here comes another human judge judging with only human insight. As this person whose name is Elihu, a youngster at that, judges Job all he sees is all Job's tragedy is Job's own fault.

'There you go' (a phrase I often use).

The young one that must speak says,


I must speak, so that I may find relief;
I must open my lips and answer.
I will not show partiality to any person
or use flattery towards anyone.
For I do not know how to flatter—
or my Maker would soon put an end to me!
(Job 32:20-22)

The youngster's name is Elihu. He sees Job as a self-righteous person, and Job's other friends as incompetent judges.

'There you go'. If the youth only know as much as they think they do. Again, the source of real wisdom is God alone for all ages.

Perhaps the young Elihu of this world needs to listen to the apostle Paul who wrote:

"All must test their own work; then that work, rather than their neighbour’s work, will become a cause for pride. For all must carry their own loads" (Galatians 6:4-5).

No comments: