Saturday, November 21, 2009

through weakness ...

Scripture: "If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness ... I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 11:30; 12:9b-10).

Observation: Paul, as virtually always, keeps his focus upon the death and resurrection of Jesus. Here, because Paul sees God's use of the execution of Jesus to the benefit of all the human family, he sees his own personal weaknesses as ways through which God may work (means of grace).

Application: See your own weaknesses as a means of God's grace. How can God use your weaknesses today as ways to reach others for Jesus Christ?

Prayer: Lord God, who raised your Son: Praise to you! Honoring that you used your Son's execution to save the world, please aid me to adjust my works this day that your goodness of love will be seen even in my weaknesses. Give me the insight to do so as praise to you. Glory and Honor me to you. Amen.

Yield: How can your weaknesses be used as means of God's grace today?

You are invited to be our guest at
Arlington United Methodist Church
1360 Murfreesboro Road
Nashville, TN 37217
(615) 361-4896
Community free breakfast and praise: 8:30 AM
Worship: 10 AM
between Briley Parkway and the airport runway that goes across Murfreesboro Road
arlingtonum.org

No comments: