Friday, April 29, 2011

The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership ...

In 2006 a talented leader in the church I was serving encouraged me to read works on leadership. Such has been very helpful for since then I have read and read in this area right at 100 works from both the church and business world. I suppose I am a leader seeking to go on to perfection. It is a journey that does not end.

From the church world I have read works by Bandy, Bonhoeffer, Burke, Callahan, Carter, Clinton, Clowd, Crabb, DeYmaz, Haughen, Herrington, Hybells, Job, Johnson, Maxwell, McManus, McNeal, Niebuhr, Oakes, Olsen, Richardson, Schnase, Shawchuck, Slaughter, Smedes, Tickle, Williamson, Wright, Yancey, and Young.

From the business world I have read works from Bennis, Blanchard, Boers, Buckingham, Collins, Drucker, George, Goleman, Greenleaf, Gerzon, Giuliani, Huckabee, Kopp, Kotter, Kouzes, Murphy, Neuhauser, Raines, Rock, and Senge.

Presently, I am reading John C. Maxwell's work in the title. The point is this--God uses various means to teach so never get tired of learning and apply what you learn to life as a whole.

No comments: