Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Today's Life Journaling ...

Scripture: "Keep your eyes on the field that is being reaped ..." (Ruth 2:9a).


Observation: This is from the story of Ruth after father-in-law, brother-in-law, and husband have all died. And so she follows her mother-in-law, Naomi, to her home which is Bethlehem. There she begins to gather crops which was the custom for travelers back then for there were few, if any, restaurants. And it just so happens she is gathering crops from a field that just so happens to be a relative of her deceased husband's family whose name is Boaz.


Application: Right now I am seeking to both keep my eyes on the field of the church which I and presently appointed while I am beginning to research the community to which I am projected toward on June 28, 2011. Such is "keeping my eyes on the field".


Prayer: Lord God, whose love is limitless: for that I give you praise! Praise you for the love that you have for those to whom I am appointed--the churches and the surrounding communities. Shape my loving gifts! May my words echo your words! May my actions mirror your actions! Your Spirit is already wherever I go! Prepare the hearts of those who go to see and hear and those who are heard and seen! Blessed be your name! Amen.


Yield: To praise of God and good works for God's Kingdom.

No comments: