Friday, April 1, 2011

Completion and Preparation

I am in the process of completing one appointment and preparing for the next pastor appointed to Arlington. Such is a loving process in concluding months giving a healthy completion of my work primarily in listening and overseeing good preparation for the one who is being sent to Arlington UMC. Such preparation includes things such as Lay Leadership lists, church and community demographics, lists of member's contact information, etc. And I will be inviting the Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) to give me a final evaluation of my work at Arlington. Such will help me walk toward Christian perfection--becoming more like Christ Jesus.


And then there is completion and preparation for the next appointment as well. Completing research of both the church and community setting of where I am being sent in preparation for becoming a trusted friend to both the church and the community. I will need to take time to slow down and ponder what actions will be most effective there. Such is required for gaining such a trust-level that I can be a part of winning people to Jesus and teaching them to faithfully follow him. Indeed, such actions need to be custom-fit to the place and the time.


In both cases, such completion and preparation includes Scripture lessons, prayer, caring for my family, caring for myself, research of where I am going, making a rough draft of first steps after the move, coming to agreement and adjustment with the SPRC there on those first steps, and, of course, ultimately listening well to God. The dream begins.



No comments: