Thursday, October 8, 2009

This evening

This evening I am preparing to be one of the leaders in an Emmaus Walk. Emmaus is a great story of two disciples walking with Jesus down the road to a village named Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35). It is a an honor to be asked to lead in this journey. The Emmaus Walk experience is a three day experience that begins on Thursday night and ends on Sunday night. During this time people will walk on a journey of exploration about the love of God. It is a grand experience even to be a part of it again. If you have never been, and want to hear more let's get together. I will even buy you a cup of coffee.

As I was preparing for the Emmaus Walk to begin this night I was reading Psalm 131. I like the imagery of that Psalm. We know that it was one of the song of ascents sung either as you approached a place of worship or as a way to begin worship once you were there.

This is the way it goes ...

O Lord, my heart is not lifted up,
my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things
too great and too marvellous for me.
But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.
O Israel, hope in the Lord
from this time on and for evermore.

And so tonight as the Emmaus Walk begins such is my personal prayer.
Blessings...

No comments: