Saturday, October 3, 2009

First thought ...

The first thought on my mind this morning when I thought of "gift" was a growing up memory. I was about eleven years old and it was Christmas morning. I came down the steps from my bedroom and from the steps I came down quietly because it was so early. And under the tree was a model of the USS Constitution, about a 15-inch hull sailing battleship to assemble.

I recalled that morning as I read ...


Those who are far off shall come and help to build the temple of the Lord...
(Zechariah 6:15a)

You are invited to be our guest at our 10:00 AM worship hour.

Arlington United Methodist Church

1360 Murfreesboro Road

(between Briley Parkway and runway that goes over Murfreesboro Road)

Nashville, TN 37217

(615) 361-4896

john@arlingtonum.org

No comments: