Tuesday, May 12, 2009

In God I trust ...

" ... in God I trust ..."
(Psalm 56:4b, 11a)

So familiar are these words to those in the United States for "in God we trust" are on our dollar bills.

We are always to trust God in good and bad times. It is obvious that in the fifty-first psalm the writer seeks to focus the reader's trust in God in the tough times as we are in now. Here is some of the stress-language of this psalm:
  • people trample on me;
  • foes oppress me;
  • many fight against me;
  • they seek to injure my cause; and,
  • they stir up strife.

Yet, the psalmist still trusts God. He, or she, even praises God as the psalmist recalls the times God has 'delivered' her or him.

You have tough times. Please recall God's deliverance of you in your past. Such can give you confidence that God's deliverance will come again.

In God I trust.

No comments: