Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WWJD

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and put a new and right spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from your presence,
and do not take your holy spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and sustain in me a willing spirit.
Psalm 51:10-12


For me, a clean heart is a heart that is at ease with the actions I have done, the spoken words I have given, and the silent words I have thought. So to have a clean heart is paying close attention to both the call God has placed on my life to strive for Christian perfection that is to strive to have all my decisions to be a reflection of God's perfect love ... a love that loves in spite of ...

The old WWJD? (What would Jesus do if he were in my place?) question is always relevant. When the church agrees that on their actions WWJD? When they disagree WWJD? When the church has lost its mission or purpose WWJD? When a church is in a rapidly changing community WWJD? When everything seems to be right in a local church, again WWJD?

I strive to keep asking this question and in confession there are times when the answer is more clear than others, but still the question has been a ruling one for me.

WWJD?

No comments: