Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I sure wish ...

On Monday afternoon at 1:52 PM I received a phonecall from my wife. One of my children's cars was broken down. I was told that my wife had attempted to jump it off with battery cables but that it wasn't starting. At 3:00 PM I left the office to look at it. We attempted to jump it off again leaving the battery cables connecting the cars for about 15 minutes while turning my engine around 2,000 rpm. I tried but it still did not start. So I was suspicious that one of the cells in that battery was bad so we took it to the place of purchase for testing. They tested it twice on two different pieces of equipment and the battery tested good both times.

So we returned to the scene and the problem was discovered. One of the battery cables had a bolt that was stripped so that cable was not being held tight enough for good connection. Sometimes solutions are so simple. I sure wish I would have discovered that simple solution earlier.

So "good works are conspicuous...", part of 1 Timothy 5:25, but at times they just take a while.

No comments: