Monday, June 1, 2009

a question ...

At our last staff-parish relations committee in May, 2009, I raised a question in my self-evaluation that they wanted me to focus upon in coming sermons. That question was:

How can our faltering economy be a means of grace
(a way God can give mercy to us)?

During our vacation time I combined my early morning devotionals with considering this question. And one biblical story kept coming to mind: the story of Joseph (Genesis 37-50). He was sold into slavery by his brothers, and ended up being the official economic leader in Egypt before a famine. His leadership over Egypt continued for the rest of his life long after the famine ended. He became another means of grace.

Pray for me as I reread this story of Joseph again and change this Summer's sermon plans as we will learn from the Joseph story how our faltering economy can indeed be a means of grace.

No comments: