Friday, January 2, 2009

For me ...

For me, Revelation can be interpreted in various ways. For example, it can be seen as a prediction of the end of time when all that is standing with God will win over all that is opposed to God; and it can be also be seen as an interpretation of the present where good struggles against evil. For me, both of these give me hope that irregardless of what occurs the good will win. And so the writer or Revelation writes no doubt with these themes in mind,

"Here is a call for the endurance of the saints,
those who keep the commandments of God
and holds fast to the faith of Jesus."
Revelation 14:12

In my own words, this verse is as follows ...

Stick with doing good irregardless of what happens to you!
That is, love God, neighbor, enemy, self,
and finally depend upon Jesus' faith (trust) in God to set you right with God!

No comments: