Wednesday, January 21, 2009

God's choice ...

The setting of the second book of the Bible, Exodus, is centered upon God setting the Israelites free of their slavery to Egypt. (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were the 'family' from which Israel came).

Out of the slavery their cry for help rose up to God. God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. God looked upon the Israelites, and God took notice of them.
(Exodus 2:23-25)

In times of trouble it is always good for me to see God as one who can identify with me as he has always done with this people. Now my own suffering is next to nothing compared with an enslaved nation. It is nothing when compared to people across the world such as children whose parents have died in war or violence, such as persons who have been kidnapped and abused into prostitution, or who with their people are dying of starvation.

My experience has shown that it is true that God hears our cry. And there have been times when God directly helped me, but more often God has helped me through other people such as he helped set Israel free by choosing a man named Moses to be his agent of freedom.

And, who knows but God? He may choose me to be a 'moses'. And so he may choose you as well.

No comments: