Monday, January 12, 2009

Thanksgiving again ...

God has answered another prayer in my life. And I am thankful to God, to the organizers and administrators, leaders, and volunteers of the Congress on Evangelism, and to the staff and laity at Arlington United Methodist Church (AUMC).

You see, my prayer was for five people from AUMC (including myself) to attend the 2009 Congress on Evangelism at Opryland Hotel in Nashville. The location is only ten miles from AUMC. The Lord called six people, including myself, to attend. My prayer was answered and so I say, "Praise the Lord!"

People get confused about the simple meaning of evangelism for it just means "to tell the good news". So when you are sharing good news (such as being hired on a job, finding a love for your life, having a child, or telling how a headache was relieved) you are an 'evangelist'.

The deeper meaning of being an 'evangelist' is simply telling others the good news of how God helped you find a job, find a love for your life, have a child, or gave you relief to your headache.

For me this morning the good news is the inner peace I was given at the congress on evangelism. For me, my inner assurance from God was simply God telling me in my own words, 'Hey John, you are mine ... that is enough for now.' God gave me that inner peace through the good news of Jesus proclaimed in songs, sermons, conversations, lessons, reflections, and friendships, some of which are long-term and others are just beginning.

Thanks be to God.

Now, how did God help you last week? What is the good news for you to share?

No comments: