Sunday, February 22, 2009

Attitude adjustments ...

Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies. Do not give me up to the will of my adversaries, for false witnesses have risen against me, and they are breathing out violence.

I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
Psalm 27:11-14

God promises to always be around even in tough times. It sounds as if the psalmist is at a tough moment for he is requesting that God lead him on a level path because of my enemies, adversaries, and false witnesses. Now the enemies/adversaries/false witnesses may for sure have been other people. But if the psalmist' life was a bit like mine the enemies/adversaries/false witnesses could also simply be a time for attitude self-adjustments. They could have been, and are, a change of thought by awakening to new and better solutions that calls for self-change.

Again, the one person I can change is myself especially when I am my worst enemy. And, even then, I can only change myself with God's help.

Today, I will pray for the continuing self-changes necessary to better follow God.

No comments: