Friday, February 13, 2009

S.O.A.P.Y.

Scripture: In all this I have given you an example that by such work we must support the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, for he himself said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” ’ (Acts 20:35).

Observation: These are the final words of Paul's message to the church of Antioch. The entire message is Acts 20:18-35.

Application: To be a giver.

Prayer: Lord God, I praise you for continued giving. You are the source of my beating heart, the filling and emptying of my lungs, the source of my food and all that is good. I confess that too many times I don't fully trust in that inner assurance of this truth. At those times forgive, and give me the courage to trust you more. Do this so that you will be daily praised for your honorable love. Praise to you! Amen.

Yield: How can I strive to be a gift from God today?

No comments: