Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good as a gift ...

Just as Abraham ‘believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness’ ...
Galatians 3:6

In the world today we are those who, overall, believe that we must work and earn all the good(s) we receive. For me, a higher quality sermon must be worked at, a quality time together must be focused upon for as always a personal quality product is the goal. Yes, such is true. Such should be worked toward. Yet, God is One who does not do all through human works even of the highest good. Even my best works do not compare with one good deed done by God.

Such is a significant part of what Paul's thinking when he wrote Galatians so with that thought in mind today I will focus outside myself asking: What good work of God will I see today?

I encourage you to begin your day with that question as well.

No comments: