Monday, March 9, 2009

May it be the same for you

It is Monday again and if you are like me, your week was planned out yesterday or it will be planned out this morning. Details are important in the planning process at least for me.

So it has always been with the people of God. I was reminded of this as I read from Deuteronomy this morning.

"Take care that you do not offer your burnt-offerings at any place you happen to see. But only at the place that the Lord will choose in one of your tribes—there you shall offer your burnt-offerings and there you shall do everything I command you."
Deuteronomy 12:13-14

Details were important for the place of offerings because back then high places such as hills were also used as the place to sacrifice to idols. Therefore if a believer in God was on the wrong hill offering a sacrifice to God they might be seen as the worshiper of idols. So for me on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning it is important for me to see that this week I will be in the right places at the right times. Such is keeping focus on where God wants me.

May it be the same for you this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After all this, there is only one thing to say: Have reverence for God, and obey his commands, because this is all that we were created for. ECCLESIASTES 12:13