Friday, March 20, 2009

To Praise ...

But I am lowly and in pain; let your salvation, O God, protect me.

I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving. This will please the Lord more than an ox or a bull with horns and hoofs. Let the oppressed see it and be glad; you who seek God, let your hearts revive. For the Lord hears the needy, and does not despise his own that are in bonds.
(Psalm 69:29-33)
What a mix! The psalmist moves from "I am lowly and in pain" to "I will praise God with thanksgiving"! Such is life that moves ...
  • from a funeral to a wedding;
  • from a visitation with those who are dying to going to be with parents of a healthy newborn child;
  • from a person who lost a job to a person who has just found one; and,
  • from a family who is financially behind to a family who has just paid off their home.

Today, because the 69th Psalm is filled with the positive and negatives of life I found today that it has spoken to me. So I am moving from lowly to praise.

No comments: