Friday, April 3, 2009

Mission, Values, and action ...

Scripture: Such is the confidence that we have through Christ towards God. Not that we are competent of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our competence is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of letter but of spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. (2 Corinthians 3:4-6)

Observation: Before Paul, who wrote 2 Corinthians, came up with Jesus his list was detailed to a minuscule level on both what to and what not to do for such was the list for Pharisees, religious leaders, like Paul. But in meeting up with Jesus his list was thrown out the door. Christ is a radical freedom giver. Yet, in the same moment, his freedom is so demanding for it calls us to strive toward a perfect love.

Application: I am a list of things to do person based upon my personal mission and vision. To have a list of things to do is definitely easier in my daily living. I confess, I almost cherish the Franklin-Covey daily list based on my mission and values ... such I have been using since 1993. It is an excellent way to plan! Yet .......... at times, I wonder what parts of the daily tasks cooperate best with Christ Jesus, and how do I still need the change my priorities to become more like Christ Jesus.

Prayer: Praise you, God, from whom all blessings, all happiness flows! May all creatures praise you every moment! Praise your gift of creativeness! Praise your gift of release! Praise your work in creation, even me! Praise! All those in heaven praise your Name. Amen.

Yield: It is time to look again at my mission, values and actions.

No comments: