Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Easter is approaching ...

The Christian Day of Easter is near. This year it will be April 12, 2009. Because of that, the Scripture readings that are catching my attention are the ones of hope. Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 1:9 convey hope. They are written at a time when Paul has been persecuted for being a Christian. In his letters of the New Testament he talks of being arrested, imprisoned, and whipped for just following Jesus. So he writes:

"Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death
so that we would rely not on ourselves
but on God who raises the dead."

Paul admits that they may have felt that way but God delivered them once again. With that thought in mind I will once again recall that the God who can raise the dead can aid me in whatever difficult moments I face. Such is hope.

I invite you to remember such as well.

No comments: