Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bless our God ...

Psalm 66, that I read this morning, has a simple invitation within it -- to just worship God. In response to God it
  • calls for joyful noise;
  • to envision all the earth worshiping God;
  • to look upon what God has done;
  • to see life as a gift from God;
  • to realize that even in times of trouble God sticks with people;
  • responds to God with offerings; and,
  • gives witness to how God listens.

The words that spoke so closely to me were as follows:

Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for me. I cried aloud to him, and he was extolled with my tongue. If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. But truly God has listened; he has given heed to the words of my prayer. (Psalm 66:16-19).

Bless our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard ...

No comments: