Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sharing the good news ...

So often telling others of the love of God in Jesus Christ is placed in a pattern that must be followed step by step. My own style is more of a trust-building style. My first goal is to build the trust levels of a friendship. It begins with treating those to whom I would like to witness of Jesus as if they were my best friends.

A bit of friendship is taking action to be of help. Such the people of Arlington did when they took doughnuts and coffee to the business in our area that were damaged by a tornado half a mile from our church. Such we did on checking upon our neighbors who had damaged property. Taking action to help is a good first step.

A second step is building upon our friend-actions by listening as we look for an opportunity to share Christ. For me, when people tell of issues they are looking at in life this opens the door for me to tell how Jesus Christ has helped me in the issues I have faced.

Such is living up to the words of Psalm 66 ...

Come and hear, all you who fear God,
and I will tell what he has done for me.
Psalm 66:16

No comments: