Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Again, s.o.a.p.y.

Scripture: "Do you know when the mountain goats give birth? Do you observe the calving of the deer?" (Job 39:1)

Observation: Job has been constantly complaining to God, and many of us would say that he had a lot to complain about--loss of children, loss of property, loss of health. And, for these reasons he was demanding God to answer the tough question, "Why did all this happen to me?" And God's answer in the concluding chapters of Job is like the Scripture for today. For me, all God's answers to Job revolve around this question: "Can you understand as well as I (God) understand?" And, of course, the answer is always, "No". Such is all God answers to Job's question, "Why?"

Application: To keep moving from asking the question,"Why?" to asking this question: "Now that this has happened, what does God want me to do?"

Prayer: Lord God, keep me focused upon my call -- what you want me to accomplish irregardless of what occurs. Amen.

Yield: Stay focused upon God.

No comments: