Monday, November 17, 2008

I rejoice ...

Yesterday, I preached on the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. If you would like to read it,the text was 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11. It is clear in that letter that Paul, who wrote it, was wrestling with when Jesus would return.

I don't play with the dates of Jesus' return. Such has been played with for millenniums. My thought in that area is just this. If I knew Jesus would be returning today would I do anything different? Such is like the question, if you knew you were going to die today, would you do anything different?

And the answer for me is, "No".

Deep down I just strive to do what I believe is important for Jesus, the love of God in the flesh. Am I perfect? No way. I just strive, struggle, wrestle, aim to be so.

My hope is that the words of Paul to the Corinthian Church is a bit similar to Jesus' words to me each day.

"I rejoice because I have complete confidence in you"
2 Corinthians 7:16

Again, not that I am doing it all right, but that I strive to do so.

I rejoice and I have complete confidence in you ...

No comments: