Monday, November 10, 2008

Let each of you ...

In my Scripture lessons for today, one of them had these words,

"... let each of you lead the life that the Lord has assigned,
to which God has called you"
(1 Corinthians 7:17)

For me, these words blended in with an article in the business section of the Tennessean of Saturday, November 8, 2008. It was entitled "Five Ways to Survive, Thrive at the Office" written by Marcus Buckingham. I have read and applied two of his works: First, Break All the Rules and Go, Put Your Strengths to Work. A third work of his was being advertised as a guide for young professionals entitled The Truth About You. His works have been very beneficial for my planning and executing actions.

First, Break all the Rules identified and described the five major strengths I have been given. They are in the areas of Maximizer (I focus upon the strengths of both myself and others); Connectedness (I believe that things happen for a reason and that it is not healthy to live in isolation); Responsibility (I have a tender conscience); Learner (I love to read, research, and learn); and Achiever (this explains my drive). And Go, Put Your Strengths to Work added to this by giving a set of how-to's in strength-based planning.

My belief is that we all can be helped to determine God's assignment on us or call for us by determining the strengths God has given unto us. If you have not done so, my advice would be to make that your first assignment, yet my experience sees a second assignment as well. I will get to that tomorrow.

Blessings ...

No comments: