Thursday, November 6, 2008

God's love ... to be my sole motivation ...

My thoughts for today comes from a devotional resource I use entitled Life Journal that daily follows the five step process below for a Scripture lesson I have chosen from the readings.

Scripture: "Well then, does God supply you with the Spirit and work miracles among you by your doing the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?" (Galatians 3:5)

Observation: Here Paul, who knew and strove to do good works by just following the laws of God and humans inside, outside, up, down, around and through, discovered that the love of God was only because God loved him irregardless of what he would do. When he realized this, the constant love of God became Paul's motivation for doing his good works of love for God, friends, neighbors, enemies and all creation.

Application: Let God's love be my sole motivation.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I praise you today for the love-relationship you constantly offer free of charge. Today, I pray that your free love will motivate every thought, emotion, decision, action, and word in and through me. Praise to you today! Amen.

Yield: I will strive to love as God has loved me!

* for those interested Life Journal may be found at www.lifejournal.cc

No comments: