Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Christmas Season ...

As I remember the action of God the Son in becoming human I see an immeasurable love in him. With that in mind, I recall such biblical verses as ...

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God;
everyone who loves is born of God and knows God"
(1 John 4:7)

The letter of 1 John speaks of what is called "Christian perfection". For me, Christian perfection speaks more of a journey toward perfection than it does being perfect. Or to put it another way, it is more a striving to be loving, than it is to have a perfect love without mistakes.

So useful questions for my own self-reflection are along the lines of these two simple questions: (1) Where are am striving to have a selfless, self-giving love? and (2) Where or whom do I need to add to my striving love?

The Christmas Season, December 25 through January 5, is for me a time to ponder these questions as the New Year is approaching.

Perhaps they may help you as well.

See you tomorrow ... worship is at 10:00 AM.

No comments: