Monday, December 1, 2008

My rescue ...

"So I find it to be a law that when I want to do what is good,
evil lies close at hand."
Romans 7:21

So Paul's thought begins in Romans 7:21-25 but that is not where it ends. Here is its end ...

Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Romans 7:25

The places where I can identify with Paul's words here are: in the weekly planning process where objectives are set based upon my values and mission; and, in my self-evaluation at both the end of the day and at the end of the week. Some of the planning may have been attained and some was not. As for those that were not attained it could have been because I was not well focused. But then as a German theologian expressed to us twenty-eight years ago there is a danger in an overloaded calendar because when it is overloaded you are more than likely scheduling out God. (So he said long before I used a computerized calendar).

Very simple -- my evil is over-scheduling, and my rescue is Jesus Christ who, thanks to God, has spoken such through laity.

No comments: