Thursday, December 11, 2008

God's house ...

"Christ, however, was faithful over God's house as a son,
and we are his house if we hold firm the confidence
and pride that belong to hope"
(Hebrews 3:6)


When I thought of the world of "house" this morning the first thought that came to mind my parent's house. It was a place that I called "home", "the place where I live", "the place across the street from my grandparents", "the place". And today, my house is again "the place where we (my wife and I) live", "the place where now and then children and grandchildren come", "the place".
Here we are presented to be "his house" -- God's house! Wow! God alive in us. God at home in us. Us, "the place where God lives", and "the place where others may come home".

Thanks be to God that such can be.

No comments: