Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hallelujah!

Praise the Lord, all you nations!
Extol him, all you peoples!
For great is his steadfast love towards us,
and the faithfulness of the Lord endures for ever.
Praise the Lord!
(Psalm 117)


When I hear the invitation and the call for all people to praise the Lord the inside of me wants to shout, "Hallelujah!" that comes from the Hebrew (Old Testament) word meaning 'Praise the Lord!'

When I imagine all the world praising the Lord my mind goes to the Jamaican dry river valley that I saw in 1992. At that time, there were people living in homes made out of 'supplies' from the trash heaps of Jamaica, and over five hundred homes shared one water spicket for their water supply. Yet, my worship experience with them was more full of joy than I had experienced before or after. I suppose that being can well make one more God-centered.

Perhaps this Christmas Season can be a time when I once again seek to live on less so that I can give more. Such may guide me more toward the real joy in life that has more to do with giving than it does receiving. Such I saw of my Jamaican brothers and sisters in Christ who were a means of the joy of Jesus Christ for me.

My prayer is that you also give yourself empowered by the Spirit of God who lived in God's ultimate gift, Jesus.

New Years Eve worship time is at 6:30 PM, of course on December 31, 2008. Here participants will be given the opportunity for renewal.

No comments: