Sunday, December 7, 2008

Whatever you do ...

And whatever you do, in word or deed,
do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him.
(Colossians 3:17)

To me, to do something "in the name of" someone else is to do something that bests represents them. Modern examples of that are our elected or appointed government personnel who are to go in the name of our nation representing us. In reference to the above Scriptural verse we, who believe in Jesus Christ, are set apart to do and say everything representing his incessant love for all the world.

What a high calling this is! When I keep this in mind it can take a bit more time to shape the compass by which I set the priorities for the day but doing so keeps my mind at more ease, my heart more true, and my prayers are that my life is more for real ... more true!

My prayers are that whatever you do will be truly representing Jesus Christ who is living love.

No comments: