Sunday, October 26, 2008

I pray to God ...

The scene I identified with today in my devotional reading was in Acts 26.

And there although Paul, a Christian, is on trial for being a Christian he is daring enough to give witness to his human judge who was King Agrippa. Specifically he tells that king about Jesus who had been raised from the dead.

Agrippa responds, "Are you quickly persuading me to become a Christian?"

And Paul replies, "Whether quickly or not, I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today might become such as I am--except for these chains" (Acts 26:29).

My prayer is that as I have opportunities to witness for Jesus Christ, the Spirit of God will say to me, "Now is the time!" And as my experience has shown, the Spirit of God will make me aware of the words to speak and the actions to do in the name of Jesus Christ.

And may that be true for you as well.

No comments: