Monday, October 27, 2008

The place where I was raised ...

Now and then, when I visit people in Baptist Hospital I will park up on the top floor of the Twenty-first Avenue Garage for after the visit(s) from there I can stand and look north in a lower area between two hills where I was raised. The hill to the right has two water reservoirs. And while there I will often remember that as I was growing up from my parent's kitchen window I used to look out and see downtown Nashville.

I am sure this came to mind for a couple of reasons. Yesterday was Youth Sunday at church and it was a grand experience to watch today's leaders leading our worship experience. And as I was reading the Scripture lessons for today the 114th Psalm had these words in verses 1-4. Italics are added.

When Israel went out from Egypt,
the house of Jacob from a people with a strange language,
Judah became God's sanctuary,
Israel his dominion.
The sea looked and fled;
Jordan turned back.
The mountains skipped like rams,
the hills like lambs
".

The Lord changes things including us.

No comments: