Saturday, October 11, 2008

Looking back ...

Jesus had taught goodness, healed the sick, raised the dead, and preached about the love-rules of God. And no doubt surprisingly to some, he was executed. You see, the religious side did not like him because he had not followed all the religious rules and the state side did not like him because he was driving away those they ruled over even more.

After his execution, two of his followers were walking down the road and talking about their memories of Jesus. And while they were talking about Jesus, the risen Jesus walked with them. The even more surprising thing is it was only right before Jesus left that they recognized him! For the whole story read Luke 24:13-35.

For me, that is indeed a lot like my life for, like them, it is when I look over my past that I begin to see where Jesus has been with me. And my guess is that others are a bit the same. So today I ivite you to take a little time to try to remember one or two times when Jesus, the source of all that is good, has been with you.

I hope see you tomorrow.

No comments: