Thursday, October 23, 2008

Three words ...

For me, God is amazing. God never needed to create anything or anyone for he was complete and whole in God's own self. Why did God create? He is a God of love.

A couple of days ago I placed a reminder of this each time I use my cell phone. On my cell phone I have some choices to make for when it comes on. One is for it to go immediately to commonly called phone numbers, one is to have my name, address, etc to pop up just in case it is left somewhere, and another is one I accidentally discovered: to have a phrase come on the screen. When I discovered that I placed on my phone's screen a simple phrase from 1 John 4:16 ...

"God is love ..."

How many times a day I see this reminder of a simple truth! Now at times it comes as reassuring words and at other times it comes as a challenge to reflect the love of God in my actions. Irregardless, God is love.

Little things can help me remember!

No comments: