Thursday, October 16, 2008

A ship in a bottle ...

There are a few possessions that are really special to me. They mean so much to me even though they are not of great economic value. One is a ship in a bottle kit that is thirty-two years old and has not yet been completed. Nevertheless, it is very special to me because of the time of its purchase -- our honeymoon.

For me it is somewhat similar to my own self that for the last fifty-two years has been under God's construction. The difference between the ship in a bottle kit and myself is this: God daily strengthens my hull, daily straightens my masts, and daily seeks to guide my ship each day. His wind comes and my free participation in his preparation sails my life along the direction of God.

This morning when I read the phrase "They shall be mine, says the Lord of hosts, my special possession" in Malachi 3:17 and my thoughts drifted to my special possession of that unfinished ship in a bottle kit imagining God working upon you and me each day.

No comments: