Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just questions ...

Another question that was raised at the Get Motivated Seminar was this ...

How do others see you?

Coach Pat Summitt asked this question directly and Rick Bulluzzo as well as others pointed to it. The issue is that to better understand ourselves we need to get a grip on how we come across. So now the direct challenge to me will be to develop a short set of questions for the staff to answer in evaluating my leadership.

But I see this question possibly going further. What if Arlington UMC would ask a handful of participants, members and guests, to regularly evaluate their worship experience here? Growing churches do so and such could help us see how we come across.

Jesus himself focused upon a similar question when he asked, "Who do others say that I am?" And from there he asked, "Who do you say that I am?"

How do others see me? How would I like them to see me? And ultimately, How does God see me? And, what personnel changes do I need to make?

How do others see you?

No comments: