Monday, October 20, 2008

May the same be true for you ...

Sometimes things go right, sometimes they go wrong. God admits that and my Scripture reading this morning from Acts 12 affirmed that admission.

Acts 12 moved from recalling the execution and imprisonment of church leaders to ...

  • an angel setting a Christian believer free from prison;
  • that freed prisoner (Peter) visiting with a Christian prayer group to their surprise;
  • the execution of the prison guards because of the prison escape; and,
  • the king's anger over this and how the people and God dealt with his anger.

For me, this text says that God's victory is always a sure thing especially with the way Acts 12 ends ...

"But the word of God continued to advance and gain adherents" (Acts 12:24).

My thought and prayer was that the Lord God would please speak well enough through my words and actions that others may see and hear not me, but God who lives in me.

And may the same be true for you today ...

No comments: