Friday, October 3, 2008

Just sitting ...

As I sit with the window open wide behind me ...

I hear a bird singing as if he, or she, has a sermon and a half to give. Is it one of praise, complaint, pleading, or wonder?

In the far distance I barely hear a train whistle blowing. Where are they going? What will be their time of arrival?

A car just went by the house ...

The train whistle blows again and again ... two pitched whistles, a minor chord ... one of tension, one of warning.

A plane is going over ... the train's whistle is becoming softer ... on it goes ... another car goes by in the opposite direction ...

Another car ...

The train can now be barely heard ...

Through it all the bird has continued to sing ...

I heard the train's soft whistles once again ...

Regardless of what's going on in the bird's mind she or he just continues to sing a song to God.

No comments: